All that's left- chocolate granola bars
Over the last couple of weeks I have been using up every single ingredient that I have on hand. I stand there with the cupboard doors open, rhyming off recipe ingredients in my mind. I had exhausted almost all of the possible combinations before I arrived at the conclusion that I could make chocolate granola bars. I had everything that I needed. They are delicious and if you follow the recipe and make sure that you have the ingredients ahead of time (that is very important), they will be the best you've ever had. They are squares that you can grab and go with, or just enjoy them as a snack. Here's my top secret recipe that I decided to finally share. I caved.
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 cup all purpose flour
olive oil to grease pan
1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter
1. Melt butter in a saucepan.
2. Mix in the brown sugar, rolled oats, corn syrup and flour. Remove from heat. Rub olive oil in a 8"x11" baking dish. Spread mixture evenly into the baking dish.
3. Bake in oven at 350f for 15-20 minutes. Cool.
1. Heat chocolate chips and peanut butter together in a saucepan.
2. Heat on low until melted, stirring often.
3. Spread over squares in pan and serve.