vanilla bean cupcakes with sea salt & caramel frosting
The time has come for me to catch-up! Over the past couple of months my schedule has been absolutely crazy. Honestly though I wouldn't want it any other way. I love keeping busy. I'm one of "those people" that do not stop moving, ever. I sleep eight hours every night so that I never have to take a rest during the day. I just nicely finished another year of university. I also got a head-start on my modeling career with L'oreal Paris Canada. And of course, I'm in the process of creating my cookbook- a project that has beeen on my mind and all over my kitchen for months now! Aside from those endeavours, I have been prepping for a short-course that I'm taking at Harvard University this summer. I'll be learning about strategic business management, so who knows where that will take me. I'm so grateful for these opportunities. I have learned that when you want something in life, you really do have to make it happen for yourself. Anyways here is my recipe for these delicious cupcakes. Also, special thank you to Stacy for the lovely plate with my initial on it!
Vanilla bean cupcakes with sea salt and caramel frosting
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup yogurt
3 tsp vanilla extract
1 vanilla bean, seeds for incorporating (optional)
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup cream cheese, softened
½ cup caramel sauce with 1-tablespoon sea salt added
3 ½ cups icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In another bowl work together the butter and sugar. Incorporate the eggs, adding one at a time. At this point, begin to mix in the milk, yogurt, and vanilla extract. Slowly fold in the vanilla bean seeds if using.
4. Begin to combine the wet ingredients with the dry, mixing about two cups at a time until fully blended. Do this step very gently and be careful not to over mix, as it will cause them to become dry in the oven.
5. Bake in muffin pans until golden, for about 16-19 minutes. Allow to cupcakes to cool completely.
1. Cream together the butter and cream cheese.
2. Fold in the salted caramel.
3. Slowly add the icing sugar and stir until combined. At this point, you can continue to stir for a few minutes or beat with an electric mixer to achieve a light and fluffy icing.
4. Frost the cupcakes and drizzle with any remaining caramel. Sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy!
Makes 16 cupcakes.
Delta my kitchen-helper greyhound in the background!