tomato and mozzarella rigatoni
Today one of my favourite recipes from my upcoming book has been featured online at http://baronmag.ca/2014/11/kosher-delight-by-karla-schaus/.
Please give it a read and test out this recipe at home!
1-1/2 cups uncooked rigatoni or penne pasta 2 cups fresh spinach leaves 1 tbsp olive oil 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves 2 cups spaghetti sauce 2 cups diced tomatoes, drained 3 tablespoons cream cheese 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Heat oven to 375f.
2. Cook pasta as directed on package, adding spinach to the boiling water prior to draining.
3. Heat olive oil and basil in a large skillet on medium-high heat for 20 seconds.
4. Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomatoes, bring to a boil. Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes. Add cream cheese.
5. Drain pasta mixture; return to pan. Stir in sauce mixture and half of the Mozzarella. Spoon into an oven-proof dish and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Top with remaining cheeses and bake for an additional 5 minutes.