Creamy Sweet Potato Soup
2 tbsp butter
1/2 small sweet onion, diced finely
1/2 piece of fresh ginger, grated
1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
2 large sweet potatoes, cut into 1" cubes
4 cups vegetable broth
1-2 cups heavy cream
1. Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add in onion, ginger, and garlic. Sauté until onions are golden brown.
2. Add sweet potatoes into the pan. Stir, coating the sweet potatoes, for 4-5 minutes.
3. Pour the vegetable broth over. Simmer uncovered, over medium heat for about 20-30 minutes or until 3/4 of the broth has evaporated.
4. Take a fork and mash the sweet potatoes down.
5. Add in cream until desired consistency is achieved. At this point, blending with an immersion blender will make the soup extra creamy and smooth.
6. If desired, top with cold whipping cream.
Try it with naan! Recipe here.